Find a support parent
Through a one-on-one match, you will receive support from another parent who has experienced a similar journey similar to yours. A match can provide support in areas of problem solving, emotional support, and listening to understand your circumstances. Like each family, a match is unique.
A parent match can be based upon:
- Upcoming surgery or treatment
- Upcoming transition or change
Process for receiving a one-to-one match:
- Submit the form to receive a match.
- A Parent to Parent staff member will reach out to gather further information. This information allows for the best, personalized match.
- Once a match is made, You will receive a call from a support parent within a few days.
Find a support parent form
Become a support parent
Parents of children with specials needs report having a hard time finding others who truly understand their experiences. As a parent of a child with special needs, your unique experiences can help others. If you feel you are in a place in your journey where you can help others, register to become a support parent.
Steps to becoming a support parent:
- Fill out the form.
- A Parent to Parent staff member will contact you to learn more about you and your journey.
- Complete the Parent to Parent training.
- Start receiving matches.
Benefits of the Support Parent Training:
- Increase your knowledge about Parent to Parent of Wisconsin
Increase your knowledge about how to provide family support in the areas of:
- Active listening
- Being in a supporting role
- Promoting self-care
Become a support parent form