Receive Support from Another Parent
No parent should feel alone. Ever.
Having a child with special health care needs sets parents on a different journey than the one that was originally expected. Fortunately, many parents have “gone before” and can be a source of strength, hope, direction, and help. Through a one-on-one match, you will connect with another parent who has experienced a journey similar to yours. A match provides emotional support and information to families of individuals with disabilities or other special needs. Like each family, every match is unique.
A parent match can be based upon:
- Upcoming surgery or treatment
- Upcoming transition or change
According to the research:
- Parent to Parent support increases parents’ sense of being able to cope.
- Parent to Parent support increases parents’ acceptance of their situation.
- Parent to Parent helps parents make progress on the need they present when they first contact a Parent to Parent program.
- Over 80% of parents find Parent to Parent support to be helpful.
Process for receiving a one-to-one match:
- It’s free and easy to join.
- Complete the form to receive a match.
- A Parent to Parent staff member will reach out to gather further information. This information allows for the best, personalized match.
- Once a match is made, You will receive a call from a support parent within a few days.;
Click here to complete a referral form.